Flying Colors Mini-Indie Con 2017
Yes, I draw comics. I've always drawn comics, everybody knows that. The fascination with art and the sequential narrative has been a life long driving force to all things forged in four color. If there is a local nexus to those tales of the impossible, then it has to be Flying Colors Comics. Over the years collectors, myself included, have visited Flying Colors in search of vintage comics and also to be introduced to the latest new hotness of pop culture. Join me this Saturday for the Flying Colors Mini-Indie Con, a showcase of some of the Bay Area's creative talent. Admission is free. Here's some more info on the event.
Flying Colors Comics & Other Cool Stuff presents the third annual "FlyCo Mini Indie-Con" a showcase of local independent comic book artists and writers on Saturday August 26 from 11AM-4PM at 2980 Treat Boulevard in Concord.
Featured guests are:
• Daniel Brereton, award-winning artist/writer of Nocturnals: Sinister Path and Giantkiller (set on Mount Diablo!)
• Ben Ferrari, artist, writer and publisher of Clayton's Pilot Studios
• Robert Stewart of Concord (Afterburner Comics)
• Matt Harding, Contra Costa resident and creator of Pop Apocalypse and publisher of Not Forgotten: The Best Anthology of Public Domain Super-Heroes
• Sarah Leuver, Bay Area based cartoonist/creator of A.K.A.
All attending artists will have their work available for purchase at the event.